The Ratha saptami 2022 date in tirumala. Ratha saptami 2021 in tirumala booking at https://tirupatibalaji.ap.gov.in
Beautiful decorations and rituals grace the Hindu festivals. To celebrate, mark the traditions behind every festival. This year (February 2021), the Ratha Saptami festivals will take place. The festivals happen between January and February. The celebration is conducted and devoted to the sun God, popularly known as Surya Jayanti, Magh Jayanti, or Magha Saptami.
Ratha Saptami combines two words, Ratha meaning Chariots, and Saptami, meaning 7th symbolically. All believers positively celebrate the festival. It’s a representation of God Surya when he turns his golden Chariot or Ratha, and it is pulled or drawn by seven horses. The horses are symbolic as they show the seven colors. The horses draw the chariot to the northern hemisphere in a northeasterly direction.
The festivals are performed on the 7th day of Saptami, which is during the moon’s bright fortnight. This is known as Shukla Paksha. It is also the month of Magha in the Hindu calendar. For the Gregorian calendar, the festivals range in January and February. The Ratha Saptami festivals often fall on the second day after Shri Panchami/Vasant Panchami’s celebrations.
It’s believed that Lord Surya is the avatar of Lord Vishnu. In the same festivals, it’s celebrated the birth anniversary of Surya Bhagwan. The Sun God also enlighten the whole world. In India, there are different temples build in honor of Lord Sun. The Hindu religious devotees celebrate various events and festivals in the temples. Especially on the Ratha Saptami festivals, the devotees will conduct all special occasions and enjoy the celebrations.
Devotees also celebrate in temples such as Tirumala Tirupati Balaji. There are special Pujas arrangements in the temple. The several States in India strictly follow the Ratha Saptami festivals. The state of Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, and Andhra Pradesh. The Ratha Saptami 2021 is expected to happen on February 19, 2021.
Rituals to take place during Ratha Saptami
- On the actual day of Ratha Saptami, all devotees should get up before sunrise take a holy bath. This is referred to as Ratha Sapthami Snan, which is the most significant ritual of that day. The ceremony only happens at Arunodaya time. The ritual of the sacred bath helps devotees get free from all illnesses and receive good health. Hindu devotees also refer to Rathasaptami festivals as Arogya Saptami. For some states, such as Tamil Nadu, the devotees take the sacred bath using Erukku leaves.
- Once the devotee completes taking a bath, they need to offer Arghyadan to the Lord Sun /Sun God. This happens during sunrise. The event is performed by providing water slowly from a small Kalash in Namaskar Mudra to Surya Bhagwan. The devotee needs to face him in a standing position. The rituals are conducted twelve (12) times, during which you have to chant the twelve (12) names of Surya Bhagwan every time.
- After the ritual, the devotee should light a Ghee Deepak and worship Sun God with red flowers, Kapoor, and dhoop. The ritual is related to good health, long life, and success.
- On this day majority of the women draw Lord Sun and the golden chariots. It’s believed to be a welcoming gesture. Theydecorate the front of the houses using rangoli. In the courtyard, the women boil milk in mud vessels facing the sun after boiling the milk. It is used to make/cook sweet rice (Paramannam Bhog), which is offered to the Sun God.
- Devotees should chant Gayatri Mantra and recite Surya Sahasranaam, Adityahridayam/ Suryashtakam.
Ratha Saptami Timings 2021
|Sunrise||Feb 19th,2021 7:00AM|
|Sunset||Feb 19th, 2021 6:21 PM|
|Snan Muhurta||Feb 19th, 5:24AM- Feb 19th, 2021 7:00AM|
|Sunrise time for Arghyadan||February 19th, 2021 6:56 AM|
|Saptami Tithi starts||Feb 18th,2021 8:18 AM|
|Saptami Tithi ends||Feb 19th, 2021 10:58 AM|
Ratha Saptami festival dates from 2018 to 2028
|Year||Day and date|
|2018||Wed, 24th January|
|2019||Tue, 12th of February|
|2020||Sat, 1st February|
|2021||Friday 19th February|
|2022||Mon, 7th February|
|2023||Sat 28th January|
|2024||Fri 16th February|
|2025||Tue 4th February|
|2026||Sun 25th January|
|2027||Sat 13th February|
|2028||Thru 3rd February|
Tirupati devasthanam room booking in online
TTD Official website for advance online rooms booking in tirupati & tirumala at TTD Seva online portal https://tirupatibalaji.ap.gov.in/#/accommodationCal
- Why is Ratha Saptami festival important?
The day is significant to all Hindu devotees, as the Sun God is considered God of health, long life, and success. The devotee’s sins from the previous and particular time are forgiven. The Sun God moves his chariots to the northern hemisphere. This welcomes the summer season and the rising temperatures. It’s also the start of the harvest season, and the Indian farmers believe in plentiful harvests.
- Tirumala Ratha Saptami room booking website?
https://tirupatibalaji.ap.gov.in/#/accommodationCal is the official website of TTD. Pilgrams can book accommodation from this website.